[ale] Oracle on Linux

Michael Barker mbarker68 at home.com
Wed Jun 20 18:13:35 EDT 2001

I had no problem installing 8.1.6 on SuSE 7.0 with all the updates.

SuSE seems to have the Oracle thing going on. FYI First to get certified
running Oracle 9i on Compaq:
http://www.compaq.com/partners/oracle/9irac_certified_config_1.html

If you go here:
http://www.suse.com/en/support/oracle/db/816_63_70.html

There are instructions for installing which include the use of an Oracle
install .rpm called orarun.rpm and a link to download it.

SuSE claims that 7.0/8.1.6 is the prefered platform for Oracle 8i, as
stated on the instruction page for 7.1/8.1.7.

Have alot of fun...