[ale] 3d vid cards

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 20 09:53:28 EDT 2001

Hmm,

	Well, Hard OCP just posted this this am:

		http://www.rivastation.com/vgacharts_e.htm

	I personally have a Voodoo 3 3000 which, while it is last year's card,
does play Quake III and Heavy Gear II from Loki very well.  I'm still on
XFree 3.?.? though.

	I've been salivating over a GeForce 2 GTS.  It's almost as fast as the
Ultra, but costs much less than the GeForce 3.  According to pricewatch,
they can be found for $150-200 or so (I think; my memory isn't so good
since 40 went by ;-).

--
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick
themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

Danny