[ale] et tu, RedHat?

Leonard Thornton Leonard at Intelis-inc.net
Tue Jun 19 12:52:44 EDT 2001

I have just completed reading a review of the benchmark test of RedHat's
Tux 2.0 web server.  According to the tests, it is approximately 2.5 to 3
times faster than Apache or M$ IIS.  Great...I think.

The issue that concerns me is the details of this speed
increase.  According to the article, Tux is a kernel based web server.  My
concern:  Is RedHat now attempting to lock in the Linux server market with
Tux the same way as M$ has attempted to do so in the past by tying the
kernel and Tux together AND is RedHat's kernel now required to run Tux?

Or am I just being paranoid?

The difficult while you wait.....the impossible overnight.

Leonard Thornton
Intelis, Inc.
5960 Crooked Creek Rd
Suite 30
Norcross, GA  30092

Office: 770.825.0032
Fax:            770.825.0028
Cellular:       404.583.5402
Pager:          888.785.9188
Email:          Leonard at Intelis-Inc.net