[ale] hardware question

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sun Jun 17 23:59:48 EDT 2001

I've got an ASUS p3b-F mb with a celeron 400.  I just purchased a new
Radeon agp card to put in this box.  For some reason the card is never
seen by the machine.  When it boots, the monitor does not respond.

The card is a 2x/4x agp card and this motherboard supports 1x/2x, so I
expected it to work.  A couple of the bios settings concern me though,
one which references memory for the agp card.  As I recall, older agp
cards that used sdram could utilize some of the motherboard memory, and
I figured that this was what this is for.  Since this card has ddr
memory, I figure it can't use the mb sdram, but there's no way to turn
this off or set it to 0.  The options are from 32mb->256mb.

Also there's a dip setting for the agp bus freq. setting, which can be
either 66 or 100 mhz.

Any suggestions as to how I can get this thing to work would be
appreciated.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein