[ale] good linux

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Thu Jun 14 08:54:52 EDT 2001

On Friday 15 June 2001 03:54, you wrote:

> what linux distro do you reccomend and why?

You've gotten several good answers - I'll split my vote between
SuSE and Mandrake.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned: You can get CD's of all
the major distributions from cheapbytes.com for a few bucks. That
way, you get to try as many different ones as you like. It's way, way
easier than downloading from the net, and you can switch from
one to another as often as you like.

You'll probably want to buy at least one packaged version,
mainly for the books. I recommend SuSE for that, the manuals
are pretty well organized.