[ale] What happened?

Randolph C. Karrh randy at NewRiverplt.com
Thu Jun 14 16:09:09 EDT 2001

Dan-

Your correct, until M$ has completely exhausted every avenue and admits
defeat under court direction not a dam thing will be done. It took Feds
around 18 years to completely break-up Standard Oil.

Randy

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Dan Newcombe wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> >   I was wondering.  Supposedly M$ lost it's monopoly case... Um is this a
> > case of "if we're quiet it'll go away" and has?  Other than 2+ new versions
> > of windows I haven't seen anything change...  What did I miss?
>
> The case is still being thrown around in the DC Federal Appeals court.
> They should be releasing their opinion "any day now".  Until MS has
> exhausted their appeal options, the ruling doesn't really matter.
>
> http://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/ is the webpage for that court, and where the
> opinion will show up when it does.
>
> 	-Dan

Randolph C. Karrh Jr.   "May the world work for you and not against you!"

Concepts2020.com
P.O. Box 2124                   office   843.684.3874
Savannah Ga. 31402              fax      843.784.6232