[ale] Fun with Elf

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Thu Jun 14 11:19:42 EDT 2001

I was reading about Elf a year ago and it talked about how the first few
bytes of the format are read and then the system (shell maybe? ) acts
correspondingly.  So for instance When you type in a scripts name it knows
that #! means pass off the file to this program.
It also could be configured to handle other files.  My question is about
java class files.  Can the shell/system be informed that when it sees a
class file it should be passed off to the java executable.
Sorry about being so vague .  It was in a Kernel book and was a side-note.

http://www.atlantageek.com
Get inside Atlanta's Tech scene