[ale] ethernet switch issues

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Jun 13 21:16:33 EDT 2001

Ned Williams wrote:

> You can force most nic driver's duplex settings by issueing a command at lilo, search
> the net for your specific card, I've only had to do it once with intel cards and cisco
> hardware. a duplex problem  however usually causes bad collisions but not all together
> data loss.

I did find various options I can set in /etc/modules.conf or on the
command line insmod call, but none seem to affect the duplex setting.
I'd be happy to get half duplex going for that matter, but I can't seem
to make the switch see this thing that way either.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein