[ale] ethernet switch issues

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Jun 13 20:49:23 EDT 2001

Stuffed Crust wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 03:57:27PM -0400, Wandered Inn wrote:
> > It also appears that I'm running the latest greatest tulip driver as
> > well.
>
> This sort of problem is indicative of newer tulip boards (in particular
> the PNIC2 and 21143 chips) but with older drivers.
>
> Unless you're using 2.4.5 or drivers fresh off of Donald Becker's site,
> then you are not using the latest and greatest.

The version from his site is dated 4-19-2000 and contains the string:

tulip.c:v0.92 4/17/2000  Written by Donald Becker <becker at scyld.com>

Mine displays the above string when it is insmod, so I suspect I've got
the latest greatest.

> I had a siilar problem with one of my 10/100 tulip boards -- the card's
> MII interfase wasn't reporting the correct speed.
>
> So, what's the exact model/version of that linksys, and what's the
> driver version /kernel you're running it under?

The linksys card is model #NC100 ver. 2.0.  I can't find any info
regarding this card on the linksys site though.

Kernel is 2.2.18.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein