[ale] FW: Switching PCMCIA cards

Arafat Mohamed abmhmd at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 14:52:38 EDT 2001

I posted this to the debian-user list. I'm kinda hoping you guys could help
me too.

I installed Progeny on a Toshiba Tecra 8000. At the time, I had a 3Com
network card and all was good. I just got a new Xircom RealPort network
card. As you might guess, I no longer have network connectivity. I'm new to
the whole Linux thing (Did the install this weekend) and I don't know what I
need to change to get it working again.

Just so you know, I did look through the archives and online. I even
downloaded the drivers. I'm just not sure I'm on the right track. The
problem with the drivers is:
1) Not sure I don't already have the Xircom driver installed
2) I need to kernel source to install it. This makes me a little scared.

I appreciate any help I can get,
Arafat Mohamed

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request at lists.debian.org
listmaster at lists.debian.org