[ale] ethernet switch issues

Michael Curtis sxycsuguy at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 13 13:49:50 EDT 2001

What kind of NICs are you using?  I had a similar problem with 3com 3c905's
(the "a" series) not autosensing between 10 and 100 (I believe this was
fixed in the "b" and up series), and had to use their diag software to force
the thing to go to 100.  But then again we were first using 10MB hubs and
switched to a 10/100 config.  In any case, we would get a link light and the
led would say 100, but would fail to work until they were set.

-Mike