[ale] Don't flame me

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Fri Jun 8 10:05:35 EDT 2001

I'most
concerend with I/O and win32 console applications.  I need to do pipes,
dups, selects, async i/o, etc.  A lot of communications
stuff.    I don't really want to make cygwin a requrirement for
my applications.  I look at it as more of a crutch.
<SPAN
class=303425213-08062001>
<SPAN
class=303425213-08062001>
<SPAN
class=303425213-08062001>Chris

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Michael Smith
  [mailto:MSmith at webtonetech.com]Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 9:54
  AMTo: Chris FowlerSubject: RE: [ale] Don't flame
  me
  It
  depends on what your porting and how complicated the program is.  Is it
  GUI based or command line?

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Chris Fowler
    [mailto:ChrisF at computone.com]Sent: Friday, June 08, 2001 9:54
    AMTo: 'ale at ale.org'Subject: [ale] Don't flame
    me
    I need to write some win32 programs.  Is there a good
    book on porting from UNIX to win32.  And I mean good book.
    Chris