[ale] New Sendmail feature

Casey Allen Shobe cshobe at softhome.net
Thu Jun 7 01:49:28 EDT 2001

> > plus the qmail "community" are probably the biggest bunch of
> > "elitist-if you have to ask, you are too dumb to run this" snobs I've
ever
> > seen.  They make Amiga/Mac/Linux advocates look calm :)

Have to object here, qmail is a very nice product, it always performed more
than well for me, and I found the qmail mailing list to be more than
supportive.  It was very fast and not hard at all to use.

> Or, you can run postfix, which gives you better performance than and a
> similar security design to qmail, plus drop-in sendmail compatibility and
a,
> err, more supportive developer community....

I found postfix to be more difficult to setup, I didn't like the design, and
the performance is no better than qmail at all (though it is better than
sendmail).  Qmail also has drop-in sendmail compatibility (see the
bin/sendmail that comes with qmail), and I've already given my opinion of
the community.  Search google for "Life with Qmail" for a very good guide to
setting it up.

- Casey