[ale] Remote automation...

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Wed Jun 6 09:27:28 EDT 2001

John, have you ever heard of basic stamps?  They are small microprocessors
that are perfect for this kind of thing.  They're found here:
http://www.parallaxinc.com/

It can decode DTMF and send a string to the serial port, among other things.
Definately worth checking out.  You might want to check the applications
area to see if someone has done something like this already...

Christopher Bergeron
Systems Administrator
Full Line Distributors
(770) 416-4237