[ale] Rsync Permissions Question

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 18:54:11 EDT 2001

> Is this possible, or, are permissions always going to get hosed
> when you rsync to and from a windows machine?

Jeff,  Basically there are no existing permissions when copying from
the WinME system.  Therefore your Linux system is using 'umask' to
determine file permissions.  Based on your 644 settings, your umask is
set to 022.  This shouldn't be a bad thing, unless some of the files
you are RSync'ing are cgi executables and need the x bit set.

-Jim P.