[ale] Multi-point VPN

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Fri Jun 1 14:11:18 EDT 2001

Setting aside all the high-dollar options, what is the current
state-of-the-art w.r.t. multipoint VPNs?

My objective is to establish encrypted tunnels over the Internet such that
networks in three or more separate locations can be joined, either as
separate subnets or all together as a single Class B network.

I have looked at FreeS/WAN, but it's not clear to me that it isn't just
one-point-to-one-point.  What I don't want do have to do, in order to join
three locations together, is to place two FreeS/WAN machines in one location
and one in each of the other two locations.  I'd hate to have to set up 2(n
- 1) FreeS/WAN machines for n locations.  I'd prefer an arrangement that
only required one box in each location.

Does this exist yet?  Can someone throw me a bone here?

- Jeff