[ale] Update TAR problems

SAngell at nan.net SAngell at nan.net
Fri Jun 1 09:38:55 EDT 2001

Thanks for all the info guys, as usual I got more than I bargained for LOL. To
answer some of the questions. I downloaded multiple versions of the same general
file from several different locations.
I think I have isoloated the problem though.
I was having to download files from http and ftp and the store them on an NT ftp
machine local to my network and then ftp across to my linux box. (Had to take
routes around firewall) Anyway, I think NT may have been corrupting the tar
files somehow. This morning (very early) I downloaded the same files directly
with my linux server and all went fine!
If that wasn't the problem then your guess is as good as mine to what it
actually was.

Thanks again for all the input guys. I appreciate it!

Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA
MIS Operations Manager
TSYS Total Debt Management
Phone 770-409-5570