[ale] XF86 on Compaq Armada 1700

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Tue Jul 31 08:33:31 EDT 2001

I have a ProStar 8260 laptop, which also has a C&T 65555 chip, as well as
4 MB VRAM and and built-in 1024x768x24-bit (XGA) color LCD. I found that in
order for the video to work properly (in my case, work in better-than-8-bit
color), I had to explictly specify the available VRAM in the "video card"
section of the XF86 config file (I forget what the exact parameter is).

And a quick heads-up ... as of a month-and-a-half ago, XFree86 4.01 isn't
playing nicely with the 65555 chip.