[ale] Recommend a PCMCIA lan card?

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Mon Jul 30 22:46:49 EDT 2001

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Fulton Green wrote:

> Keyword here is "old", which may mean that your PCMCIA bridge isn't CardBus-
> compatible. That being the case, I've had fantastic luck with a 3com 3C589
> card. Keep in mind that it only does 10baseT, not 100baseT.

I have to agree. I've never EEEEEVER had any trouble with these cards. I can't
recall the number, but this card has a big brother that does 100. I picked one
up and tried it...instant lockup, ctrl+alt+del, hex hex hex hex hex hex, kernel
pani...reboot. I decided to stick with the 10baseT model.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security