[ale] Lightweight Linux with X

jhubbs at telocity.com jhubbs at telocity.com
Mon Jul 30 13:15:00 EDT 2001

Stephan -

I follow your suggestions, but this machine is only going to be networked while it's at my house being set up - once it's in place, it's going to be as standalone as standalone can be.

I do like the idea of installing to a bigger disk drive in any case.  What may be just as well for me, though, is to put a ~800MB or bigger drive in the very same machine, do the install like I want it using only one Linux partition, then use du -h to tell me what size drives/partitions I can utilize in the final product.  Using tomsrtbt and a supported NIC, I ought to be able to go from the original big drive to two or more smaller drives without doing a reinstall.

- jeff