[ale] topology tester

David S. Jackson dsj at sylvester.dsj.net
Sun Jul 29 14:59:02 EDT 2001

I was wondering if there are some applications around that test
network topologies to provide a "what's broken, what's working"
sort of display about your network neighborhood.  (Beyond your
LAN, that is.)

My ISP has been having some problems, but I'd like to know if
there are some other tools that map topology out and display a
visual image of the traceroutes between you and your favorite
locations on the Net.  It would be sort of like a traffic watch
for your local freeways.  Get a heads-up on what backbones are
having problems, where there are dead routers, stuff like that.
Does anyone know of such a tool?

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net