[ale] OT: stupid hardware question

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sat Jul 28 15:16:28 EDT 2001

Greg wrote:

> To put in my 2 cents worth, I would heartily suggest what "Wandered Inn"
> said about getting the good stuff.  My company (total MS shop) has had an
> ongoing problem w/ KVM's that lose the mouse connection.  That seems to be
> the rule in my experience regardless of p.c. or os that is used.  Like jenn
> said I religiously log in before I ever switch, otherwise the p.c. doesn't
> seem to pick up a component.  My LinkSys ProConnect 4 port does that and so
> I just live with 4 mice on my desk (at least until I get my rack up
> tomorrow).. and 2 at work (one for my Linux box and the other for the NT
> 2000 box), but the monitor and keyboards seem to work fine.

Let me get this right.  You lose your mouse when you switch your
proconnect?  That's the same box I've got and I've never lost the mouse,
unless the proconnect looses power.  I've run both ps2 and serial mice
to this thing.  Once even ran the ps2 from the computer to the serial of
the proconnect and that worked.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein