[ale] Bellsouth dsl and static IP

Randal Jarrett rsj at radio.org
Fri Jul 27 17:50:40 EDT 2001

Directdsl, which used to be Telocity until Hughes purchased them, supplies
a static IP address for no extra charge.  They supply their own branded
dsl modem which uses the Alcatel chips.  It has both Ethernet and USB
interfaces.

They currently have a new user special, free install, free modem (1 year
contract) and one free month.

If you do sign up with tell them I sent you. My login is wa4mei.

By the way, Mindspring / Earthlink is also supplying static IPs but only
with new installs and they are charging $15 mo. extra.

Randy