[ale] Bellsouth dsl and static IP

djinn at djinnspace.com djinn at djinnspace.com
Fri Jul 27 12:16:58 EDT 2001

And here in Savannah we've been waiting two weeks for them to figure out how to
route those static IPs.  I've spent 3 hours on the phone with tech support so
far, and finally managed to get someone who didn't go "Uhhhhh....I'll have to get
my manager" when I asked if I should be able to ping the DSL router from the
outside.
And we *still* don't have our static IPs.  No idea if the guy who configured my
router did it wrong, or if Bellsouth is wrong...I'd be just as happy either way,
but nobody can seem to help me figure it out. *grumble*

YMMV as always, and I certainly hope it does...and I have to say that waiting
around and paying $140/mo to connect our  6 person office is infinitely better
than paying $900/mo for a T-1 from the local provider and waiting around for
them.  Less $$ lost per hour spent on hold, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Cheers
jenn