Object-Oriented Development Suggestions (was RE: [ale] Language Jihad!)

Michael Barker mbarker68 at home.com
Thu Jul 19 22:10:31 EDT 2001

Ok, I've already sent this reply to <RCDavis at intermedia.com> personaly
but since it has been brought up again I should clearify to all.

Just 'tweenst you me and the bookshelf, I was half-way joking about the
poor thing.  Although I am unemployed at the moment and have changed my
spending habits I am a hopeless bibliophile and usually can't pass up a
bookstore. (i.e. while in London for 7 weeks one of my favorite places
to be was *W.H. Smith on Picadilly.)  I use the library quite a bit as
well.  I obtained a library card immediately after moving to this town
(60ml from Atlanta) 7 years ago.  I probably have over a grand in books
on my computer shelf alone of which are mostly O'Reilly.

A quick count reveals that I own 64 computer related books of which 38
are O'Reilly (including Open Sources and Database Nation) and there is a
stack of 4 books sitting here beside my workstation that are due back to
the library on the 30th.

So you see the interest in the sites was merely to get my head into some
free info until I could purchase the books that come so well recommended
and the poor statement was only so in that it was poorly used.
:-D

Your offer to loan books is admirable and very appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

*Mistakenly sent to Davis as Waterstones.  I'm in so many I lose track.