[ale] New server setup

Jim Philips jim.philips at s1.com
Thu Jul 19 08:32:34 EDT 2001

My
apologies! That program is called Apache Toolbox. It's available
at:
<SPAN
class=864433012-19072001>
<A
href="http://www.apachetoolbox.com">http://www.apachetoolbox.com
<SPAN
class=864433012-19072001>
<SPAN
class=864433012-19072001>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jim Philips Sent:
  Thursday, July 19, 2001 8:20 AMTo: 'ale at ale.org'Subject:
  RE: [ale] New server setup
  You might want to check out a program called Apache Toolkit.
  It gives you a menu that lets you pick all of the options you want compiled
  in. When you have selected and tell it to go, it downloads the latest versions
  of each program; configures, compiles and installs them. You can find it on
  Freshmeat. There is also a good how-to on compiling at the PHP Web site
  at:
  <A target=_blank
  href="http://www.php.net">http://www.php.net
  My first exposure to the whole installation nightmare was the
  Wrox book "Professional PHP Programming". It gives a pretty good rundown on
  how to get it all right.
  -----Original Message----- From: Gary
  MacKay [<A
  href="mailto:Gary at EdisonInfo.com">mailto:Gary at EdisonInfo.com]
  Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 8:01 AM <FONT
  size=2>To: greg at turnstep.com Cc: ale at ale.org
  Subject: Re: [ale] New server setup
  Thanks! My next question is "Where can I find a good doc
  (similar to Life With Qmail) that explains compiling
  _all_ the pieces so they play together nicely?" I'm
  using the standard, what do they call it now? LAMP?
  (Linux,Apache,MySQL,PHP). Each has compile options to work with
  the other. The last time I did this I fought for quite
  awhile recompiling till I was crazy to get it right. I
  don't feel like going through that again. This is such
  a standard setup that somewhere there has to be a
  detailed instruction set.   Now that I think about it, and
  the coffee starts to take effect, I never did get it to
  compile in SLL stuff. That's the biggest
  problem.
  Thanks again,
  - Gary