[ale] radio tuner card? [recommendations requested]

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Jul 18 12:32:45 EDT 2001

Christopher Bergeron wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good radio tuner card that works under linux?  I'd
> like to find one that accepts a coax input...

Most any of the Hauppauge (sp?) cards work.  I've got a wintv card that
has the bt878 chip.  That chip or the bt848 are well supported.

I use mine to watch TV, capture from my camcorder or webcam and listen
to the radio.  It has s-video, coax tv, and a coax radio antenna,
although I don't think this radio antenna is what you're looking for as
it comes with one of the 'T' shaped flat antennas (what is that 300
ohm??)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein