Fwd: Re: [ale] Linux in libraries (a heads-up for June 2002)

Leonard Thornton leonard at intelis-inc.net
Tue Jul 17 22:34:50 EDT 2001

Surely they do more than just web crawling....(I know, don't call you
Shirley....).

Seems to me there would be some significant opportunity for DB
applications (Library memberships, who has what checked out, reading list and
history for members, etc) and inventory management (ala book check-in/out).

Sounds like a pretty cute Open Source project to me, but I'm just a dumb ole
country boy......

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, you wrote: > Douglas Knudsen wrote:

> > What software?  IIRC, many libraries use LYNX to do queries for books, etc..
>
> Cherokee County libraries uses Windows with a Netscape browser.
>

> --
> Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
>
> "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds.
> The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
> to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
> intelligence." - Albert Einstein
The difficult while you wait...the impossible overnight.

Leonard Thornton
Intelis, Inc
leonard at intelis-inc.net

leonard at intelis-inc.net