[ale] Linux in libraries (a heads-up for June 2002)

Douglas Knudsen doug at cubicleman.com
Tue Jul 17 18:56:03 EDT 2001

What software?  IIRC, many libraries use LYNX to do queries for books, etc..
This would easily be done with Linux.  I guess the only question then would
be which db engine.  What db is currently popular in libraries?

Just curious...

---
Douglas Knudsen
Alltel Information Services  <-- Hey! These views are MINE!
678-351-6063
Got Linux?  http://www.linuxmall.com

"Nuclear war would really set back cable."
                -- Ted Turner

"Guns don't kill people, physics does!"
                -- John Lithgow
          Star of 3rd Rock from the Sun