[ale] clipboard envy

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Tue Jul 17 15:48:22 EDT 2001

I've been using linux as my prime OS for about 3 years now and am quite
happy.  One feature though that is somewhat lacking is the copy/paste
clipboard.

I have done very little X-Windows development and am not familar with the
intracies of these however do you think that we will ever be able to have
a better interface than the highlight/middle-button implementation we have
now.  Are the desktop supplements addressing this or is it purely a
X-Windows thing.  I would like to be able to copy an url out of an xterm
and then replace the URL in my browser. This simple task causes great
headaches.

That being said... Tools such as gclipper are pretty useful.  They do help
somewhat.x

http://www.atlantageek.com
Get inside Atlanta's Tech scene