[ale] Language Jihad!

Davis, Ricardo C. RCDavis at intermedia.com
Tue Jul 17 10:27:16 EDT 2001

Rod,

As an old FORTRAN hack, I would agree with Geoffrey that before you learn
the OO language you need/must/(insert other imperative) get a good
understanding of OO analysis and design.  Your adventure into OO programming
land will be a sad one if you approach it from a structured programming
frame of reference.

One of the best things I did was take a "transition" class that taught OOAD
before I started programming in C++.  I would suggest that you take an intro
OOAD class that uses Java as the "example language" then go on from there to
master Java.

-Ricardo