[ale] Probably a dumb zip question.

SAngell at nan.net SAngell at nan.net
Mon Jul 16 11:47:55 EDT 2001

Doh! Install the package and it works!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought to check for
that! I was trying every command I could think of and  when I used "unzip" I got
"bash command not found".
Oh well live and learn!

Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA
MIS Operations Manager
TSYS Total Debt Management
Phone 770-409-5570
Fax      770-416-1752

|--------+------------------------>
|        |          Ken Nagorski  |
|        |          <kenn at pcintell|
|        |          igent.com>    |
|        |                        |
|        |          07/16/01 11:43|
|        |          AM            |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>
  >--------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     SAngell                                  |
  |       cc:     ale at ale.org                              |
  |       Subject:     Re: [ale] Probably a dumb zip       |
  |       question.                                        |
  >--------------------------------------------------------|

Ok maybe I missed something... I do have a touch of the flu but why not
just install unzip for linux if freshmeat wasn't hosed at the moment I
would tell you where to download it from.. :)

Thanks
Ken

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 SAngell at nan.net wrote:

> I am needing to unzip some *.zip files. Is there a way to do this and not
affect
> attributes of file? I have been downloading files to windows, unzipping them
and
> trying to FTP them back to my linux box but windows is altering the files
> somehow. Linux box is secluded from rest of network and I have all but a few
> ports closed. So, I need to download the zip files directly to Linux and unzip
> them. There are no files containing what I need in a gzip format as I have
> looked. Is there a way? How??
>
> As always thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA
> MIS Operations Manager
> TSYS Total Debt Management
> Phone 770-409-5570
> Fax      770-416-1752

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s)
named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged
or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense
of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not
authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating
social faux pas.

Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere
other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or no grammatical use
and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email,
although the kelpie next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you.
Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to
learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning
 backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft.

However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your
computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you
have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites,
whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.