[ale] Probably a dumb zip question.

SAngell at nan.net SAngell at nan.net
Mon Jul 16 11:02:36 EDT 2001

I am needing to unzip some *.zip files. Is there a way to do this and not affect
attributes of file? I have been downloading files to windows, unzipping them and
trying to FTP them back to my linux box but windows is altering the files
somehow. Linux box is secluded from rest of network and I have all but a few
ports closed. So, I need to download the zip files directly to Linux and unzip
them. There are no files containing what I need in a gzip format as I have
looked. Is there a way? How??

As always thanks in advance for any help.

Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA
MIS Operations Manager
TSYS Total Debt Management
Phone 770-409-5570