[ale] digital camera with linux software?

Leonard Thornton Leonard at Intelis-inc.net
Fri Jul 13 10:52:37 EDT 2001

What about those cheap Intel USB PC Webcams?  Has anyone been able to get
one of these to work with Linux?  I have one that has been collecting dust
for a long time and would like to play with it, but have not been able to
find a working driver or software for it.  I've looked at Linux-usb.org and
other places with no luck.  Anyone using one of these and if so, how?

Thanks..

At 10:29 AM 7/13/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>I've been using a Mavecia from Sony for the past two years, and am quite
>happy with the results. The downside of saving to floppy is you murder
>batteries quickly (purchase two of the bigger batteries with the camera,
>and you can shoot somewhere between 50 & 100 jpegs in a matter of two or
>three hours). Of course, keeping that many floppies in pockets isn't
>exactly fun either.
>
>One alternative which I haven't tried would be the Mavecia with the CD
>writer. I suspect battery life is still a problem, but you have 40
>something floppies in the camera...
>

>On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Christopher Bergeron wrote:
>
> > I am considering purchasing a digital camera, and I'd like to find one that
> > will allow me to use linux to download the pr0n^H^H^H^Hpictures from.  Does
> > anyone know of such a beast?
> >

> > Christopher Bergeron
> > Systems Administrator
> > Full Line Distributors
> >
> > --
> message body.
> >

>--
>body.

The difficult while you wait.....the impossible overnight.

Leonard Thornton
Intelis, Inc.
5960 Crooked Creek Rd
Suite 30
Norcross, GA  30092

Office: 770.825.0032
Fax:            770.825.0028
Cellular:       404.583.5402
Pager:          888.785.9188
Email:          Leonard at Intelis-Inc.net