[ale] Patches for 2.2.x Kernal for ATA/100

C I comidio at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 16:29:53 EDT 2001

I have been running RH 7.0 and have recently bought
new hardware.  The mother board is an Asus A7V133 with
ATA/100 for the Maxtor HDD.
Is there a patch for 2.2 that will support the
ATA/100, I understand that the 2.4 kernel does support
ATA/100?
Next question, if I install RH 7.0 based on the
regular ATA/66 interface, can I regain the ATA/100 by
upgrading the kernel on a later date?
I know I probaly should just get RH 7.1 but Linux
people never seem to want to take the easy road.

Bill