[ale] New Backdoor App

SAngell at nan.net SAngell at nan.net
Wed Jul 11 13:22:56 EDT 2001

Has anybody seen this little gem hands on? Looks like this may cause a new round
of headaches for all security folks out there. Is supposed to be unvieled on the
18th of this month at DefCon. It's a loadable kernal module for Linux, almost
completely undetectable from what I have read. It can send a packet from a
spoofed address to the system of choice on ANY port that is available. Its name
KIS (Kernal Intrusion System)

Read more at:

http://www.uberhax0r.net/kis/

Also, note the logo! Being a fan of KISS for many years I loved the obvious
influence.

Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA
MIS Operations Manager
TSYS Total Debt Management