[ale] Cross-Platform Document Publishing

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Tue Jul 10 22:04:06 EDT 2001

SGML is basically a superset of XML (or, slightly more accurately, XML is a
subset of SGML). I don't know a whole lot about the DocBook realm, but I do
know that there is an open-sourced application called Jade that is supposed
to make things easier w/r/t the whole SGML/XML/DocBook paradigm. Packages for
it are included with the latest Red Hat distros, possibly others. Adobe also
has an SGML add-on for FrameMaker, but I suspect that may be cost-prohibitive
in your situation.