[ale] Sendmail error

Bob Kruger krugerb at benning.army.mil
Tue Jul 10 13:29:20 EDT 2001

"Bao C. Ha" wrote:

> I work with sendmail.mc file rather than sendmail.cf.
> Just insert the following to sendmail.mc:
> FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')
> and let the m4 processor to produce another sendmail.cf
> file.

Bao;

Thanks.  I was doing some searching on the web earlier and found the same
answer on the debian site.  I used the m4 processor, and it is now working
just fine.

On a side note, this proved helpful to a user in Huntsville who had the
domain name in his return address misspelled.  He was wondering for a few
days why no one could/would reply to him.  It wasn't until I checked the log
file that we found the reason the mail was getting dumped and/or
returned....

Bob