[ale] /dev/usb/files: help

Gary Lawler glawlert6 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 20:04:01 EDT 2001

I just compiled a new kernel 2.4.5 with usb support so I could get my
USB modem working. (SpeedTouch Home USB). I and have come to the
startiling conclusion that I don't have the /dev/usb directory on my
system. What do I need to make and how do I insert them. mknod I think
might be my answer but I don't know how to determin the numbers. would
some one send me the list of files under /dev/usb/ with the correct
mknod numbers or tell me what I am missing here. I am using RedHat 6.1.

Thanks

--
Gary Lawler
Registered Linux User 172531
glawlert6 at yahoo.com

"Love your enemies. It makes them so damned mad." -P. D. East