[ale] Are our Ethernet drivers in danger?

Darin Lang darin at doolang.com
Wed Jul 4 00:53:33 EDT 2001

Ben,
I am glad you were offended. You should have been. It shows you have some
integrity. But the fact is you are going into agreemnent with microsoft's
PR. You are still. You are performing the dance exactly as you are supposed
to.

Here is the the problem M$ has with GPL:
    It's free. Free from constraints, free from ownership, free. It
recognizes no master. If it belongs to anyone it belongs to everyone. That
does not mean you have to give it away for free.  If you don't see the
beauty in that, then that's too, too bad for you.

Corporations are not at liberty to think that way. It is very against the
grain of corporate america which seeks, prizes and defends proprietary
ownership of everything. It's highest form and the direction in which it
always  strives: Monopoly. The only people that benfit from a company are
those at the top, whose lives and fortunes are built at the expense of those
at the bottom. You yourself are making someone else rich if you work for a
company. You are being sold for at least twice (and in the case of M$ 5
times) what they bought you for. You and I are at the bottom. If you think
corporate america gives a crap about you, you are seriously deluded. And
since I don't think that is the case, I can only be amazed at you for
selling yourself into slavery and then insisting that it is a good thing.

Darin Lang