[ale] FTP/firewall issue

tewkewl at mindspring.com tewkewl at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 3 09:40:45 EDT 2001

krugerb at benning.army.mil wrote:
> James Kinney wrote:

> The details will be thin since I'm looking at a Win2K box at work (hurl),
> but...
>
> There is(used to be) a setting in kernel make that was needed to allow
> passive ftp with firewalling. Check in the networking section of make
> (x|menu)config.

James;

All of this is enabled.  The bottom line is that I want to allow active ftp
connections.  When I open up the firewall completely to the subnet, people can
access the ftp server and list the directories.  When I tighten down the firewall
and just allow ports 20 and 21, the users can log in, but can NOT list the
directories.

There is at least one more port that needs to be opened up on the firewall.

Any ideas?

Regards - Bob Kruger