[ale] Resize Partition

Frank Zamenski fzamenski at voyager.net
Mon Jul 2 22:43:58 EDT 2001

> Help,
>
> I have a 10GB Drive:
>
> Part1: 1GB
> Part2: 9GB
>
> It appears I have outgrown Part 1 and need to take some space from part2
> increase part1. Will presizer.exe do the trick?  No screaming, but both
are
> Win98 partitions andthis is my wife's computer.  Otherwise it would be
> running Linux!
>
> Chris

With Windows, I only use Partition Magic. Very intuitive and easy to use,
and it has never failed me (yet). Supposed to work well with Linux fs's,
too. There are free solutions of course, but I've not tried any as PM does
the job for me quickly and simply, and as such is well worth the price. But
certainly some people enjoy the challenge of getting a free partition
resizer solution to work, which is cool too. Just backup and verify first,
else know thy spouse's reaction well, should her Win98 partitions get
forever toasted. (When I F-up bad, my beloved of 24 yrs treats me to that
particular two or three-day silent icy-cold glaring stare. YMMV. ;-)
-fgz