[ale] Network setup

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 31 19:01:40 EST 2001

> I am under the impression that you have to have a HUB for the two computers to talk.  A direct plug won't work.

Actually if you have a crossover cable you can directly connect two TP devices.
But only two. More than two requires a hub as you state.

> John

Let see your ifconfigs and routes for your two devices. Unreachable messages
typically indicate that there's no route available between where you are and
where you want to go. Without knowing the device and route configurations
it's impossible to tell why the machines can't see one another.

BAJ