[ale] scan detectors

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Wed Jan 31 10:39:04 EST 2001

Looking for some decent network scan detectors for Linux and win9x/nt.

I am running scanlogd right now and am going to look at snort in a few
minutes.  I like snort (at least the description) cause it can contact you
when something hits you.

Anyone know of some better (free) ones for Linux, or other Unicies?
Anyone know of some scan detectors for windows that don't try to take over
your machine?  I tried some last night, and every app that called
WSAStartup and tried to use TCP/IP would cause a "Are you sure" box - I
don't want that - I just want the info!

Thanks!
	-Dan