[ale] Pulling a DHCP address from WinNT

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 21:22:19 EST 2001

Thanks to all the help earlier. I can't explain
this but here's the status:

  Debian Potato on an IBM Thinkpad
  w/ a Xircom 10/100 pcmcia card.

  Office = WinNT DHCP server
  Home = Linksys Broadband Router (highly recommended)

 ->manual networking config works fine.
 ->pump works at the office.
 ->dhcpcd works at home but not at the office

But....

 **->pump at home works after first restarting pcmcia
     services *AND* then running tcpdump.

-Jim P.