[ale] Pulling a DHCP address from WinNT

SanMillan, Todd tis3 at cdc.gov
Mon Jan 29 15:52:35 EST 2001

looks like your machine is requesting a specific IP (192.168.1.21) and the
NT server is telling you no (that's the DHCP_NAK (Negative AKnowledgement)
server response).

I know there was a problem with dhcpd that shipped back with RH 6.0 (1999?),
but both pump and dhcpd that ship with RH have worked since then getting IPs
from NT 4.x. I don't use Debian so I can't comment on distribution specific
issues.