[ale] MD5 Problems on RedHat7

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Mon Jan 29 09:50:26 EST 2001

I can vouch for memtest86.  Over the past couble of days I've been weeding
through a pile of SIMMs at home.  I ran into one of the situations described
under "Known Problems" where a mobo does not correctly report the end of
RAM, so memtest86 will get to that line and just explode with errors.  The
workaround is to set an upper bound in memtest86 and then all is cool, my
only niggle being that there's not a good way to set upper/lower bounds
before starting the test...

Other than that, it's been great - one of those floppies any self-respecting
geek should carry around, right next to tomsrtbt.

- Jeff