[ale] RH7 ppp broken?

Lathe magius at wittsend.com
Sat Jan 27 20:56:43 EST 2001

What happens when you do it "The old Fashioned way" by stating on the
command line:  ifup ppp0  ?  I played with some of the gnome dialup stuff
under 6.1 and 6.2 and it just acted kinda flaky for me.  So I opted to stick
with some more tradtional means within a GUI, i.e. netcfg to control all
network / ppp / slip interfaces.  This worked great as it's only a front end
for the scripts under linux.  But I wont tell you what you "should" use.
Just that it didnt work well for me.

Try the ifup aspect and see if it correctly works.  If not, I'd be curious
what the scripts are reflecting for bringing up the interface.

Scott Warfield