[ale] RH7 ppp broken?

Roggie Boone rogboone at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 17:50:32 EST 2001

Hi,

I've just upgraded from RH6.1 to RH7 (the
dist given out a recent trade show).  Since
I didn't have too much already on the 6.1
install, I just did a complete reformat/install
of RH7.  Now when I use the Gnome PPP config tool and
dialer I get errors that rp3 failed to activate
the interface.  I am unable to dial out.
(I had no trouble under RH 6.1).
I can run wvdial and it will dial out and appears
to connect, but I am unable to get Netscape
to go a site (maybe a DNS issue here?).
Anyone got PPP working on RedHat 7?
(RH is running on a home computer w/ 56K modem).

Thanks in advance,
Roggie Boone