[ale] Linuxgruven

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Wed Jan 24 21:44:13 EST 2001

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 09:39:24PM -0500, Wandered Inn wrote:
> Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> >
> > You get the money back after 1 year of service with the company.  They do
> > this to prevent people from stepping-stoning from the company after they get
> > the cert.  the cert. bumps up their value (in the corporate) world by an
> > order of magnitude.  i don't agree with it, but lets face it: the suits want
> > to know that you have at least a minimal level of competency...

> Define 'order of magnitude.'

	Oh that's easy...

	Technical definition:	Order of magnitude: A power of ten.

	Southern definition:	Order of magnitude: A whole sheet looad.

	In the context of this message, probably the later because
it's being used as a marketing buzz word and probably not worth much
more than a load of...

  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/